Welcome to World Jewish Heritage
Rediscover your heritage like never before
Committee Nomination Criteria
Committee members are responsible for determining which nominated WJHpedia sites should be approved as official sites. Official Criteria In addition to this, The WJH committee is responsible for making the final decision as to which nominated tangible sites Tangible Sites Criteria and intangible elements Intangible Elements Criteria will be put forward to the UNESCO.
The World Jewish Heritage committee is comprised of members from 9 zones:
- North America
- South America
- Central Europe
- East Europe
- Western Europe
- Israel and Territories
- North and Far East
- The committee members may be nominated by an agency, non-profit or non-governmental organization.
- Before submitting a nomination the nominators are responsible for discussing the potential listing with the individuals.
- The election process is based on:
- The nominees educational background
- The nominees professional accomplishments
- The nominees ability to promote sites of Jewish Heritage and cultural importance