Welcome to World Jewish Heritage
Rediscover your heritage like never before
Official Sites Criteria
Official content represents the best that the WJHpedia has to offer. These are the articles, pictures, and other contributions that showcase the polished result of the collaborative efforts that drive WJHpedia. Official sites and events appear on the WJHtravel app appear as an orange star, making it easy for users to identify.
All official content undergoes a thorough review process to ensure that it meets the highest standards, and can serve as the best example of our end goals.
A small blue star in the top right corner of a page indicates that the content is featured. This page gives links to all of WJHpedia's official content.
In order to be considered a WJH Official site the value must meet at least on of the following criteria.
- The value should exhibit an important interchange of Jewish values, over a span of time or within a cultural area of the Jewish world, on developments in architecture or technology, and monuments arts.
- The value should bear a unique or at least exceptional testimony to a Jewish cultural tradition.
- The value should be an outstanding example of a type of building, architectural or technological ensemble or landscape which illustrates (a) significant stage(s) in Jewish history.
- The value should be directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding Jewish significance.
(The Committee considers that this criterion should preferably be used in conjunction with other criteria)
- The value be an outstanding example representing major stages of Jewish cultural history and heritage.