Welcome to World Jewish Heritage
Rediscover your heritage like never before
WJHpedia Content Editor Criteria
WJHpedia Content Editors
The goal of a WJHpedia content editor is to contribute to the WJH collection of heritage sites/events by adding and improving information.
- Contributors do not need formal training- users from around the world and of any background can become content editors!
- Editors may contribute to the WJHpedia by adding or improving content on existing site/event pages.
- Editors may contribute to the WJHpedia by creating a new site page or event page
- Any contributor to this encyclopedia, official or unofficial alike, is formally considered an editor.
- Editors are required to reference the WJHpedia Content Protocol to ensure that all content contributed or reviewed abides by our spelling and grammar protocols.
- Editors are responsible for ensuring that all content is accurate and has been acquired from a reliable source.
- In accordance to our policy, editors may not contribute ‘original research’ (such as facts, allegations, and ideas—for which no reliable, published sources exist). This means that all statements are verifiable.
- Despite the need to attribute content to reliable sources, editors must not plagiarize them or violate their copyrights. Articles must be written in the editor’s own words while substantially retaining the meaning of the source material.
- Editors are required to source facts using our WJHpedia Citation Protocol
- Editors are required to write articles using a neutral point of view (NPOV). Editing from a NPOV means that all significant views published about the site/event are represented fairly and without bias.
- Source material should be carefully summarized (or rephrased) without changing its intentional meaning.